Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Frame the Coffee!

I'm a SEVERE coffeeholic, so I wanted to incorporate coffee into my decor, somehow.

I would buy these drinks at the store but really didn't want to throw away the cups, as they were a very sturdy material and could be reused in some way.

I ended up finding some more unwanted photo frames from another fellow teacher, and my eventual display in my apartment kitchen looked like this:

Here's what I did:

1.  Rinse and dry the coffee cup.

2.  Carefully cut off the back part.  (See photo below.)  I cut off less than half of it, because if I cut exactly half of the cup off, then the cup wouldn't pop out in the frame as much; it would look like it was sinking into the photo frame instead.

3.  Tape colored paper to the background of the photo frame.

4.  Use to tape the inside of the cup to the paper.  Glue could help with this, too.



This is seriously one of the easiest - and cheapest - ideas to use for decorating your home, and you'll be sure to get compliments from your friends.  :)

I also reused them in Spring on my refrigerator:

No comments:

Post a Comment